Wednesday, August 23, 2006

"You Trippin'"

Went out last Friday night with my boyfriend and a few of our friends, in addition to his ex-roommate and the folks he was hanging with that night. We actually had a blast. I absolutely love going out and "shaking my bottom," (as one of my friends so eloquently puts it.) But, shortly before we left, right after I closed out my tab and was heading back to my man, I ran into a very rude dude...

CONVERSATION:

Dude: "So what are you doing dancing all over that white boy?"
Me: "...Because he's my boyfriend." (And I smile...)
Dude: "You trippin'."
Me: "Oh, I don't discriminate... I was already married to a black man..." (And I smiled again...)
Dude: "You trippin'."

At that point I walked away...

Obviously, the "rude dude" was a black man. AND obviously jealous because I wasn't dancing "all over him..." But, I couldn't stop thinking about it and was noticeably bothered. And not really sure why? For as ignorant as it was...it's not like it hadn't happened before. I've learned to deal with it...or so I thought.

Needless to say, we all know how I feel about that issue. No need to rehash. But, it was kind of coincidental, as one of my cousins had just blogged about identity and society's views of black and white and how races mix, rather the issues and/or situations that come of that "mixing"...Etc.

Long story short, I love my man! I wouldn't care if he was green. I'd still love him. Love him, love him, love him.

~This was taken a little after I was seen "dancing all over" my man... ;)~

1 comment:

dogfaeriex5 said...

nice picture of you and mr cool...
love you both!! you are too cool for school...