Monday, October 08, 2007

Our lives have changed forever...

It's been a long time...

I have just finished posting my birth story here for anyone who did not get the pleasure of hearing it first hand: http://www.pregnancy.org/bulletinboards/showthread.php?t=13671&page=4


Here's a short video of him being held by Leonard's mother.at about 2 days old..really no sound and bad light, but you get the idea:




It took me so long to write as I have now become a human milk bottle and Alexander is constantly feeding. When we brought him home, he was 5lbs and 6oz... At his first appointment with the pediatrician, (3 days later) he was 5lbs 14oz. We took him to the doctor today because he has been congested (to what we were told is just a cold) and he is now 7lbs and 5oz. So, he's definitely eating okay...

I don't know how many times since Alexander arrived I have told Leonard, "You do realize our lives have changed forever... There is no turning back." I hate to say, but most times it's said with a bit of regret... But, I can honestly say, I wouldn't change it for the world. It's just a lot to take in some days... After the restless nights (not so much sleepless...but interrupted sleep nonetheless,) and endless feedings... I sit and wonder what it will be like to go out again...on a date, away for a weekend, even back to work. It's just more than I thought I would be contemplating.

Alexander is truly a miracle indeed (as so is the name of my pregnancy journal.) I wouldn't give him back for anything. But, our lives have changed forever.

3 comments:

Omrithekat said...

What an adorable little man!! I love the video! Congrats & glad to hear he is so healthy!

JJ said...

in this case change is definitely a good, no a great, thing!!!!!

Omrithekat said...

I want to see more pics! You must be busy, mama!