Thursday, May 08, 2008

The move of my life...

So we got moved and pretty much unpacked in a week's time. Nothing like taking a week off of work to "work." Leonard says it was the most productive week of his life.

The move went better than expected...aside from a few setbacks I encountered while packing due to my husband's wonderful packing jobs. I came to the conclusion that he genuinely didn't know very much about packing. There were quite a few HUGE DELL computer boxes packed full of books. And not just any books, but college textbooks and binders. I had to repack about 2 boxes and did some reorganizing, but I got it done. Here is a before and after picture of one of the repacking jobs I had to do:



And believe it or not, with the exception of an argument early on (about packing, of course) we really didn't argue nor disagree about anything else. It was a blessing.

The house was pretty much "move-in" ready. But, the sad thing is we need to redo Alexander's nursery. I took more pictures to remember how cool it was. This was the infamous wall...



It's such a wonderful sense of accomplishment. When I get a new camera (mine is not working at the moment) I will be sure to post pictures of our new place!

No comments: