Sunday, June 04, 2006

4 Days Post-Op

So... I got my wisdom teeth out on Thursday...at 7:15 am to be exact. The dentist and his assistant prepped me and then the lady told me, "The next thing you will remember is me waking you up..." How true that was... I woke up not having any control over my mouth and feeling little pain. I kept trying to fall back to sleep and she kept shaking me telling me that I needed to get up. I remember walking out to the car, but don't remember the ride home, nor getting into the house. I do remember Leo trying to give me some apple juice to take some vicodin with...that was not fun. I (we) poured most of it down my shirt and then I slept all day Thursday. Candace and the kids came into town Tuesday night...so while Leo went to work on Friday, they sat with me...but it was pretty much the same story...out like a light. Little swelling as they didn't do much pulling, but cut my teeth along with some bone... And pain is minimal when on vicodin...when I wake up in the morning it's another story. Today was the first day I was out. I went to church and took nothing before I went because I get so damn nauseated taking all that crap on an empty stomach. (I have to take 600mg of Motrin every 6 hours whether I am in pain or not...and by choice have been taking 2 viocdin pills for the pain.) Needless to say, I was hurting SO bad. Unbelieveable dull, throbbing pain. I didn't realize it was that bad because I have been taking everything so religiously... Anyone who says this stuff is nothing, had to have rarely been off the pain meds... But, I got home, ate something and took my pills...then I was out (that was at 11am...I just woke up.) I have to finish a quiz online before Midnight tonight so am choosing to do it now, while I'm still conscious and in not much pain.

Leonard has been WONDERFUL! He totally took control over a lot of things. He has been finishing moving his stuff over, when to the grocery store, mowed the lawn on Thursday while I was sleeping (for the first time,) and literally has been taking care of my every need. He even went and picked up Candace on Thursday night through some horrible Arts Festival traffic... I am truly blessed. I am so glad I get to spend the rest of my life with such a wonderful, helpful, considerate person.

My house has gone through such a comforting transformation over the past week. And while I have been "dead to the world" it has become a lovely home for me, my love and my dog. I have never felt so comfortable in my own pad... :) At this point, it's really nice to look around and see the house filled with "our" stuff. Midnight, my dog, is so happy we are home, for good. He actually has been sitting/sleeping with me during the long days and has been a great comfort to be me. (How many times have I used that word?) All I know is that it feels like a fresh start and it feels so right. I have some work to do on my office, but other than that...it's home sweet home. It's been a great place to go through recovery.

No comments: