Monday, December 18, 2006

Long time... No blog.

**I started this blog on December 18, 2006, as it is so dated**

A friend of mind recently got all sentimental on me and reminded me how important friendships are. I turn 30 next week. "...30 next week." How odd does that sound? At this point in my life, I realize more and more each day how much it is a blessing to be alive...and to have the friends that I have. There are many people in this world who don't make it to 30. I have no complaints...but, unfortnately, few regrets. My friends get me through the days...most times, unknowingly. I can think about the relationships...(life long friendships...) I have formed over the past 10, 5 and even 2 years and it makes me happy to know I have such good people in my life. I find myself looking forward to our next outings...and even the times where I can run to their desks to vent..beacause, even if they don't care or are tired of hearing me whine...they still listen as if they do care. :) And there are also the times when they support the things I do, and even the things members of my family do by showing up to events and what not. It's unreal. There are a lot of folks in this world who don't have any people they can truly call friends...and barely acquaintances. I am one of the blessed few that can honestly say, "I have friends." These are the folks who would go out of their way for you...do things for you when they are tired...or make exceptions to their plans... Some times, to me, it seems surreal. But, at the end of the day, I know what's up.

So, cheers to you my dear friends... You all know who you are. Thank you som much for being such an important and necessary part of my life. Here's to my serenity as made possible through my relationships!


Here are a few pictures of me and my FRIENDS:

~ Me and one of my "most favorite people in the world," Nick. (The friend who inspired this blog.)
~Sarah, one of my longest and dearest friends with whom I didn't go to school.
~Kim, although I have only known her for a short period of time...it seems like it's been a life time.

((I have more pictures to add! For some reason, now that I am editing it 2 weeks later, I can't add them...but when I do it will include, Julie, Peter and of course, Leonard!))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heather~
you are one of the most real people i know! i am honored that you call me your friend and i adore you! your post made me cry-shocking!!

glad that you are part of my close cirlce of friends..xoxox~k