Wednesday, November 19, 2008

4 Years!!!!


Today marks the 4th anniversary of our first date. The 19th of each month was always celebrated (as the "monthiversary") until we got married...when Leonard decided that there was only room for 1 anniversary. Well, this year I was successful in making him realize why this day was so important to me.

November 19th always holds a special place in my heart because it symbolizes the first day of the rest of my life. Leonard was giving me a hard time but I explained to him how if we didn't go on that date, I don't know where I would be. I was divorced and had just gotten out of a bad rebound relationship 6-months prior...and was making some really odd decisions in my life...particularly with my finances. I also remember not being really happy with myself physically and just had an overwhelming sense of unfulfillment...

Leonard and I had become really good friends over the year (2003-2004) and I had confided in him about my insecurities. He started helping me get back into shape in the gym and we found ourselves spending a lot of time together. In the midst of all that, we were experiencing some serious "tension" and were bickering all the time at work and after. Finally I confronted him about it and told him that I had been denying my feelings for him. He quickly asked me out on a date...and the rest is history.

So glad we went out on that day. My life changed that day (actually that weekend...we ended up spending together.) I had a new perspective on life and love. Leonard helped me to realize what love really was supposed to be... And how you can truly fall in love with your best friend. I tell everyone that being friends with someone first (especially as close as we were at the time) is the best way to start a romantic relationship. There's truly nothing like it.

No comments: