Thursday, November 06, 2008

"Never Would Have Made It"

So, inspired by my good friend's (art dog's life) blog post, "Yes We Can," I decided to go hunting for something I heard on the radio the day after the election... While driving back home from dropping Alexander off at the sitter's, I heard a song on the radio that actually nearly brought me to tears. It was a collection of excerpts from Obama speeches dubbed over Marvin Sapp's "Never Would Have Made It." Listening to the combination of the lyrics of the song and his speeches was the moment that I was genuinely moved to tears by this whole thing. I guess it was just so overwhelming before that it really hadn't "hit" me... Well, that morning, I was hit.

Unfortunately, I can't find the exact song... (I think it was something that the radio startion may have put together themselves, of which I plan on inquiring about.) Instead I found Obama (and Obama related) images linked with the song. Enjoy:

1 comment:

dogfaeriex5 said...

amen sister!! i have never really been politcal and really cared about politics but barack obama has made me care and made me want to make the USA a better place for us and alexander to live in!! i cried at his acceptance speech, he speaks so eloquently, i love to hear him speak...
xoxo