Monday, April 27, 2009

Mother of Two Under 2...




This past Thursday I had both Alexander and Lia home with me...all day, all by myself. It was easier than I thought it would be, but still pretty darn difficult. Alexander was actually pretty good and very helpful. But, it seemed my biggest problem was how sleepy I was during the day. Normally, when Lia sleeps...we kind of nap together. That wasn't the case. And the two didn't sleep at the same time. I was fighting sleep all day.

Here is a glimpse into my day... For the sake of time, I will only tell you about the morning. The first and most challenging task would have been to make sure we were all downstairs as I would not be able to carry them both down the steps together. Leonard actually helped me get them and all of our "stuff" down before he left for the day. Once downstairs, it was time for Alexander to eat. So on goes Blues Clues and Lia into her swing. After feeding Alexander his oatmeal...it was time to change Lia and feed her, (of which she did not quietly inform me.) By this time, Sesame Street was on and Alexander sat on the couch like a good boy and watched while I tended to Lia. Lia fell asleep while eating, but she woke up as I burped her. Time for Alexander's nap! He went down like a good boy but Lia stayed awake. Happily swinging in her swing, I managed to straighten up all of the toys and do the dishes...oh and fixed myself something to eat. At this point it was about 11am. Halfway there...

Needless to say, it was a chore, but we all survived. I am quite proud of myself, and I can truly say I know what it means to be the mother of 2 under 2.

No comments: