Tuesday, July 11, 2006

"She's on her 'thing'..."

...was the phrase used by my boyfriend's cousin to convey that his girlfriend was on her period. I just had to chuckle to myself. And it wasn't necessarily because he said it, but it was the way he said it and the fact he ended up clarifying himself after. They both originally came over together and they realized they forgot something...but he came back without her. So the point was to explain that she wasn't coming over because she didn't feel well, was bloated and just believed she looked like crap, etc. Cousin then added, "I understand she doesn't feel well. I just don't want to deal with it, so I told her to stay home." I remember thinking to myself... "She needs to get over it. It's nothing new. Life continues..."

Well, here I am, 2 days later...on my "thing." And I feel like crap. Oh, don't get me wrong, I still look good... :) After work yesterday, Leonard and I got in a screaming match...basically had a classic "Nothing Fight" (as Dane Cook would say.) And today I just want to go home and go to bed. And I'm hungry....

Thought this was appropriate:

1 comment:

dogfaeriex5 said...

i know how i feel sometimes..it stinks to be a woman sometimes, just wait until the kids come..ugh! all down hill...lol, lol