Sunday, July 02, 2006

Not too good with "see ya laters"...



So my sister and her kids went back to Alaska yesterday after being here for a month. To my surprise, (actually not total,) I didn't cry! Things were so hectic when they were here that, (awful to say but--) I was kind of ready for them to go back home. Normally, the routine is, we get to the airport, take pictures and then we wait for them to get through screening...and by the time I get to my car I'm teary-eyed and then damn near bahling before I even get out on the street. Yesterday... Nothing.

UNTIL - I looked at the pictures I took of my sister and her children waving, and I got a little sad. And after speaking with my sister today, I kind of miss her. Weird huh? Oh, well... It was time.

Until next visit...

1 comment:

dogfaeriex5 said...

it was nice to finally meet your sister and the kids! she is full of energy when she can and I really enjoyed her....it is strange how you can be excited for a sibling to come home but when they do, you wonder isnt time for them to go?? i wish my sister never left ohio then she wouldnt be in such a mess...i guess that is just life, right? i have to stop now becasue i am getting all teary-eyed...