Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Not so "Sunny California"...




So here I am in Napa Valley on business. It's been cloudy and rainy the past 3 days. The sun is trying to come out, but quickly gets covered. I'm just finishing my lunch...and it's 3:30 pm EST. (12:30 GMT - Pacific) I'm not getting used to this time at all. I'm really tired and don't feel like I have enough energy to get me through the days.


I will not even go into how bad my travel day was...just know that it was probably the worst travel experience I've ever had. (Aside from the ride back to Ohio from visiting my sister in FL on a Greyhound....)


The landscaping of this area is really nice. I'm sure it's a BEAUTIFUL place when the sun is shining etc. My department is pretty much everything I expected. The people are really nice and driven... (Mainly driven crazy by the SVP, but otherwise...they're pretty much on task.)

I am staying in the River Terrace Inn in Napa. It's a REALLY nice hotel. My room is very comfortable and the bed is a very good substitute for my "sanctuary" at home. I have a cool view of the Napa River from my baclony (pictured above) and they have a complimentary breakfast buffet every morning. The bar looks pretty cool, too... Very unfortunate that I cannot partake................


So some things I've noticed:
  1. On my flight from Columbus to Vegas, I was the only black person on board.
  2. On my flight from Vegas to Sacamento, I was the only black passenger on board...one of the flight attendants was black... lol
  3. Out of 212 employees of my company's Napa office, there are probably a total of 10 black people.
  4. When I went to Target last night, I saw no black people... LOL
There are a lot of hispanics and asians, but hardly any African-Americans. It's actually pretty interesting how drastically the demographic can change from one part of the country to the next. Being the person I am, I notice these things... I can't help it.




The SVP's assistant it taking me out to downtown Napa so I can check it out and do a little shopping. I'm actually looking forward to that. 3 hours to go...

Well, I have another meeting to attend in 10 mintues...so I best get prepared.

I plan on writing in my pregnancy journal later tonight.






No comments: