Monday, March 10, 2008

We're now a 2-vehicle household...



Finally. I got a new ride last Tuesday. I took a picture of her yesterday. She is a 2004 Mercury Mountaineer... Our family "car"...yet still sporty. I absolutely love it. It has all of the upgrades and rides really smooth. The only downfall is the fuel expenditure. But, either way it went, I was getting an SUV...most all of the SUVs I had my eye on were pretty comparable. I even went to www.fueleconomy.gov and found out that the EPA Air Pollution score is a 3 out of 10, [10 being the best] which is better than our Pontiac (which is a 2.)

It was really helpful to have throughout the blizzard this past weekend. Seems as if we got her just in time. And since I name all of my cars, Leonard came up with a good one..."GOLDIE."

With my involvement in various projects around town...amongst other things I would like to do...this will seriously simplify our lives.




So Leonard and I were right. We've never seen this much snow. It was record-breaking...20.4" at Port Columbus. And as I predicted on Saturday...this was front page of the Sunday paper:




"...while a record 20.4 inches of snow piled up.

The previous mark for a single storm locally was 15.3 inches. That was set nearly a century ago, on Feb. 16-17, 1910.

The snow that fell since midnight yesterday would have set the mark by itself. The 15.4 inches at Port Columbus set a new 24-hour mark, outdoing the 12.2 inches on April 4, 1987
." - Kathy Lynn Gray, The Columbus Dispatch

And here's a video I took of the aftermath.


2 comments:

Today: In Seven said...

Thanks for leaving a comment. Nice new car! You're always welcome to tell me about your day in seven words! Have a great day.
http://todayinseven.blogspot.com

Omrithekat said...

Sweet ride!